WNL: Within Normal Limits or a Dangerous Assumption?
About this SeminarThe ability to save a life through earlier diagnosis is a gratification that may not be compared to anything we do in dentistry. In yet the complexities of clinical presentation do not always make this an easy task. Through a guided visual journey of inspiring and moving oral cancer stories of survivors and those who have lost their lives, learn the subtle life-saving symptoms and critical screening techniques that will increase our opportunity to save a life by translating acquired knowledge direct to practice! This is a presentation you will never forget.
• To recognize the incidence and five-year survival rates of current oral and oropharyngeal cancer
• To explore the critical components and palpation techniques of today’s extraoral/intraoral screening
• To identify the subtle and often lifesaving symptoms that can be so easily overlooked
• To integrate best practices to enhance our ability to discover abnormalities in the earliest stages
• To self-evaluate our present screening protocols and management of an abnormal finding