LECTURE-Less Stress Dentistry: Evidence-based Protocols for Efficiency and Proficiency in Adhesion and Posterior Composites
About this SeminarCourse Description:
Technique errors, incorrect material selection and poor patient compliance will expedite failure of posterior composite restorations. This course will provide a current scientific update of adhesives and materials to use to improve expertise and productivity. Step-by-step protocols for preparation, placement and finishing to achieve precise margins, consistent contacts and eliminate post-operative sensitivity will be demonstrated with video provided by Dental Microscope HD Video. Based on the scientific evidence assessed in the lecture, the hands-on workshop will enable attendees to deliver simplified techniques for successful Class I, II and Class V restorations. All participants will receive a material and preparation kit for the workshop and bringing loupes is recommended.
1. Review the scientific evidence about how, when and why adhesively placed posterior composites fail
2. Describe the optimal adhesives and materials for specific cavity preparations
3. Utilize simplified and innovative clinical protocols from preparation to finishing to optimize restorative outcomes and reduce "issues".
4. Achieve precise margins, consistent contacts and eliminate post-operative sensitivity.
5. Attain more profitability using time efficient techniques by eliminating materials that aren't needed nor perform well based on the evidence.
6. Understand how to help patients understand their role in extending the survival of their restorations using effective communicative skills to align patient expectations and prevent unnecessary stress
***PLEASE NOTE*** This course runs until 4:30 pm. It is a pre-requisite to the HANDS ON portion***
Dr. Alan Atlas